- CSD Mini-Grant Program
CSD Mini-Grant Program
Access and Submit the CSD Online Mini-Grant Application Form Below
Extended Grant Deadline is Friday, July 23, 2021, at 11:59 P.M.
The Richmond Community Services Department (CSD) Mini-Grant, a component of the Richmond Environmental Community Investment Agreement (ECIA) Grant Program, was approved by the City Council in January 2017. In alignment with the ECIA Grant, the Community Services Grant provides support for those organizations that serve the needs of the community, youth, and youth sports. The CSD Mini-Grant is designed to support organizations that are Richmond-serving and that partner with and/or consistently utilize facilities managed by the Community Services Department.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Organizations must meet the following conditions to be eligible to apply:
- Provide services focused on the community, youth, and/or youth sports to Richmond and North Richmond residents.
- Operate as a not-for-profit entity, such as non-government entities (e.g. non-profit organizations) with 501(c)(3) tax status or utilize a fiscal sponsor (Fiscal Sponsor Agreement will be required) in good financial standing, or be a public agency.
HOW MUCH IS AVAILABLE?
The total amount available for the FY 2021-2022 grant cycle (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022) is $50,000. Grant awards can be up to $5,000, and the number of grant awards available will be determined based on the amount of each award. Grant awards will be paid in a 100% up-front installment. Decisions regarding grant award amounts and up-front payments will be based on the discretion of the CSD and the review panel.
WHEN IS THE GRANT DEADLINE?
The grant application re-opens on Tuesday, July 6, 2021, and the deadline is to submit is Friday, July 23, 2021, at 11:59 P.M. Note that the grant application portal will automatically close at that time and applications will no longer be accepted.
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE AND INELIGIBLE USES?
Grants are available to support organizational programming and/or projects that make use of the CSD’s aquatic centers, community centers, parks, and the Richmond Auditorium.
Eligible uses include but may not be limited to: Youth sports leagues and teams, special events, educational forums and classes, recreational classes, participant/youth stipends (not eligible for payment to instructors), CSD facility fees, and overall community enrichment.
Ineligible uses include but may not be limited to: Salaries, gift cards, instructor stipends and benefits, political campaigns, lobbying, religious projects, fundraising, supporting individuals, repayment of loans, and funding agency’s deficits.
HOW TO APPLY
The following materials must be submitted as part of a completed application packet online through our grant application portal:
- Completed online application, including budget (all sections completed and questions answered)
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status (Non-Profit Status Determination letter from the IRS)
- City of Richmond W-9 Form
- Vendor Supplemental Questionnaire
- Signed agreement between the organization and the fiscal sponsor, if applicable
Your application will be immediately disqualified if your organization:
- Submits more than one (1) application per fiscal year.*
- Submits an application not via the online form.
- Submits an incomplete application.
- Requests grant funding for one-time special events with no supplemental enrichment programming.
- Requests grant funding solely for sports teams' travel expenses.
- Requests a grant award amount higher than the grant maximum of $5,000.
*Organizations will not be awarded grant awards in consecutive fiscal year cycles. Therefore, if your organization received an FY2020-2021 award, you will not qualify for funding in this current cycle.
HOW ARE GRANTS SCORED?
Applications will be evaluated by a review panel which may consist of one (1) CSD staff, one (1) Recreation and Parks Commissioner, and one (1) community member using the criteria listed below:
Program/Project (Description and Concept) - 40 points
- Application is filled out appropriately and completely with all sections and parts of questions answered.
- The budget meets all requirements listed in the guidelines, corresponds to the project proposal, and is reasonable for the project.
- The timeline is practical and the proposed activities are well-defined and technically feasible.
Outcomes and Evaluation - 30 points
- Program/project components are clearly stated and specific.
- Outcomes are measurable, clear, and data-driven.
- An evaluation component is included and connected to the program component and outcomes.
Impact - 30 points
- Program or project provides support that serves the needs of the community, youth, and youth sports in a positive manner.
- Provides the ability to sustain a program after grant funds are expended is demonstrated.
- The project utilizes a CSD-managed site and/or park.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF A GRANT AWARD?
Grantees will be notified of decisions by Monday, August 6, 2021, by close of business via email with a grant award letter. Grantees must sign the award letter and submit proof of insurance by Friday, August 13, 2021.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS IF MY ORGANIZATION IS AWARDED A GRANT?
Applicants receiving grant awards must:
- Sign and submit a grant award letter outlining all terms and conditions of accepting the grant by Friday, August 13, 2021.
- Provide proof of insurance as outlined in City of Richmond Insurance Requirements. Fiscal sponsors, serving as the grantee, must have insurance that covers all actions of the non-profit and/or community-based organization.
- Submit a final report narrative that details how grant funds were utilized within the program/project and expenditure details (e.g. pictures, receipts, quotes, invoices, work logs, etc) by Friday, June 17, 2022.
- Distribute and complete participant surveys for program evaluation.
For inquiries or clarification regarding this program or application, please contact the Community Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org