- Neighborhood & Volunteer Services
- North Richmond Mobile Tool Library
North Richmond Mobile Tool Library
The North Richmond Mobile Tool Library is a free service that lends tools to North Richmond residents as well as non-profit and public agencies that serve North Richmond. We operate our tool library within North Richmond, with the goal of reducing blight on public and private properties.
Not a resident of North Richmond? Check out the Richmond Tool Library, which serves all Richmond and North Richmond residents!
|Following our Grand Opening celebration on January 21, 2023, we are now open to North Richmond residents on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month! Our first operational day was Saturday, February 4, 2023.|
Membership is free to all North Richmond residents and North Richmond-serving non-profits and public agencies!
We have two membership types available:
- Regular Members: Residents and property owners of North Richmond over the age of 18
- Non-profit Members: Employees over the age of 18 of a non-profit organization with 501(c)3 status or public agency that serves North Richmond.
Memberships are valid for one year.
Not sure if you live within North Richmond?
Check out our map to check and see if you reside in the highlighted areas.
Become a Member
- Present current photo identification, such as an unexpired California Driver's License or a current State/Military Identification Card.
- Create a myTurn account with staff.
- Confirm your e-mail address and phone number.
- Read the Rules & Regulations.
- Read and electronically sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form.
- Present proof of North Richmond residency or property ownership through one (1) of the following:
- Current lease/rental agreement
- Utility bill dated within the last 30 days, or
- Current tax bill identifying ownership of property in North Richmond
- P.O Boxes will not be recognized as valid proof of a North Richmond address.
- Present proof of employment with a non-profit organization with 501(c)3 status or public agency that serves North Richmond through one (1) of the following:
- Paystub dated within the last 30 days, or
- Employment verification letter dated within the last 30 days.
Don't Live in North Richmond?
We would still like to know if you are interested in the North Richmond Mobile Tool Library. Fill out our Waitlist Form here and we'll let you know if we expand our service area. In the meantime, all Richmond residents have access to the Richmond Tool Library.
Starting February 4, 2023, our hours of operation for Regular Members are:
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Check our myTurn website for holiday closures and service cancelations.
Find us at the parking lot of the North Richmond Missionary Baptist Church at 1401 Fred Jackson Way, Richmond, CA 94801!
Since April 2022, we have been open for reservation to Non-Profit Members on a reservation only basis for community beautification events.
Check out our entire inventory at richmondmobiletoollibrary.myturn.com! We have hand tools, power tools, gardening tools, and more available. Find what you need for your next project!
We have more tools available than we can fit in our trailer. Contact us in advance to make sure we will have it in stock for you by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 510-672-3877. You can also make a reservation request on myTurn if you are a registered member.
E-mail is the best way to reach us, as the phone is only monitored on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- (Preferred) E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 510-672-3877 - due to limited staffing, phones are only monitored on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Want us to add a tool to our inventory? Know of a location that could use a community clean-up? Let us know by filling out our suggestion form!