- Community Development
- Housing Division
- Homelessness Strategic Plan
Homelessness Strategic Plan
The City of Richmond is engaging the community to create a Homelessness Strategic Plan. The plan development process includes a two-phase approach centered in community and stakeholder engagement. The voice and leadership of people with lived experiences of homelessness will be essential for all phases of plan development and implementation.
The strategic plan approach will be conducted in two phases.
Phase 1: Launching Spring/Summer 2022
- Assessment of Existing Systems and Services: An environmental scan and gaps analysis will establish a baseline of housing and services and identify unmet needs.
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement will include:
- formation of a Steering Committee to guide the planning process;
- community meetings open to the public to gather input for the plan and to provide feedback on the plan;
- focus groups with individuals with lived experience of homelessness, housing and homeless service providers, and other stakeholder groups;
- interviews with key stakeholders; and
- a survey of service providers and other stakeholders.
- Synthesis and Recommendations will be presented to the community for input and revision.
Community Forum on Homelessness - September 14, 2022, 6:00 - 7:30 PM [ENG] [SPA]
Phase 2: Fall/Winter 2022-2023
- Plan Drafting and Framework: Based on ongoing community input, a Strategic Plan framework will be drafted.
- Initial Strategies and Framework will be presented to the Steering Committee, Ad-Hoc Committee on Homelessness, and key community stakeholders for feedback.
- Begin Preliminary Implementation: Implement key recommendations with broad consensus
- Finalize and Approve Strategic Plan: Plan will be finalized and presented for approval by the Steering Committee, Homelessness Task Force, City Council ad-hoc Committee on Homelessness, and City Council
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richmond Homelessness Strategic Plan
Subscribe for Updates
Please sign up on "Notify Me" if you are interested in receiving email updates for the Homelessness Strategic Plan.