November 1, 2023
440 Civic Center Plaza
Richmond, CA 94804
Recreation and Parks Commission Regular Meeting
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Recreation & Parks Commission
The mission of the Recreation and Parks Commission is to advise the City Council and City staff so as to provide excellent service at our parks and recreation facilities, to preserve open space, and to provide programs that enrich, educate, and serve the needs of the diversity of the residents in Richmond.
Members' Terms and Meeting Information
- Meeting Dates and Times - every first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 P.M.
- Meeting Location - Richmond Recreation Complex, 3230 Macdonald Ave. Richmond, CA 94804
- Maximum nine (9) members - Richmond residents
- Three-year terms - see list of current Commissioner term dates
- Three (3) consecutive terms
- City Council Liaison - Council Member Doria Robinson
- Staff Liaison - Ranjana Maharaj, Deputy Director for Community Services-Recreation
Public comment may be submitted by email and/or in person at the meeting; provided that no member of the public may submit more than one verbal comment per agenda item.
- Via email to email@example.com by 1:00 P.M. on the day of the meeting
- Emails must contain in the subject line: 1) Public Comments – Open Forum; or 2) Public Comments agenda item # - [include the agenda item number].
- All such emails will be posted online and emailed to the Commission before the meeting is called to order. No individual email will be read into the record. Due to the high volume of emails received, emails that do not contain the correct identifying information in the subject line may be overlooked and may not become part of the record. Email received after 1:00 P.M. will be posted online following the meeting as part of the supplemental materials attached to the meeting minutes.
- In person at the meeting
- During open forum or an agenda item, individuals wishing to speak must either fill out a speaker card or raise their hand when the Chair asks for public comment.