Obtain a permit for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE)?

First, you need to determine whether the proposed installation is on private or public property (or right of way). EVSE installations on private properties, both commercial and residential installations require only a building permit. To apply for a building permit visit our eTRAKiT system and follow the how-to submit a building permit application guide. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your building permit, please reach out to permittechs@ci.richmond.ca.us or call at 510-620-6868.  

 For EV-charging-specific building permitting requirements, refer to our website https://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/4125/Electrical-Vehicle-EV-Charging 

 EVSE installations within the public right of way, in addition to the building permit require also an encroachment permit for which the applicant must apply directly to the Engineering Division.  

Show All Answers

1. Apply for a building permit?
2. Get started on a new planning project?
3. Apply for an accessory dwelling unit (ADU)?
4. Obtain a fence permit?
5. Apply for a business license?
6. Find my zoning and other information for points of interest?
7. Report an issue or concern?
8. Pay required fees through eTRAKiT?
9. Schedule or cancel an inspection?
10. Find a permit on record?
11. Attend a Board or Commission meeting?
12. Request a zoning verification letter?
13. Find affordable housing in the City of Richmond?
14. Obtain a subordination agreement?
15. Learn more about the Safe Parking Pilot Program?
16. Obtain a permit for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE)?