NATIONAL NIGHT OUT: TUESDAY, AUGUST 1st, 2023: Celebrating 40 years!
National Night Out is upon us once again.
National Night Out is a time to recognize the spirit of community volunteerism and community public safety partnerships. It is a great time to honor volunteers, meet and greet with neighbors and local civic leaders. The City of Richmond has celebrated NNO for over three decades.
Let’s celebrate our unique neighborhoods and public safety partnerships. In the spirit of this, we felt it was important to hold National Night Out again and bring neighborhoods together!
- We know that everyone loves the caravan. Unfortunately, our staffing levels are have been seriously impacted. We may have a small caravan presence.
- We will have smaller group of district beat officers visit neighborhood parties that register online, along with fire and other city agencies.
- There will also a contingency of community volunteers from the Crime Prevention Executive Board who will visit the first five registered sites in each of the three policing districts (Northern, Central and Southern). Though anyone can host a party, we encourage those who would like a visit from the Crime Prevention Executive Board to sign up early. We will let you know once registration closes who the first 15 in each district were.
- Lookout for a special announcement about the kick off and end party.
- COVID-19 is still with us. We strongly encourage events to be hosted outdoors. We also encourage mask wearing especially if your event will be indoors, and opening the doors and windows. Use good hygiene practices around food by making sure that hand sanitizer is available for shared meals.
WHAT STAYS THE SAME
- You! Neighborhood parties can continue as normal following the county reopening guidelines
- We will have officers that will visit the local events. (Given time constraints, priority will be given to those who register early.)
- Please plan to host your parties between 6 – 8:30 pm if you’d like a visit.
- Given that resources are more limited this year, check with your neighborhood council, or nearest neighborhood watch to see if they are planning an event to combine efforts when possible.
- Dress in layers
- Try to have some interesting activities that people can do during the event time.
- The City will share the list of events with local civic leaders, but feel free to engage and invite community resources to table at your event
- Be safe. Have plenty of hand sanitizer out, and consider having your event outdoors to make everyone feel more comfortable.
- This is a great time to share resources with the community.
- Consider honoring some of the volunteers that helped keep things going through COVID-19.
End Party and Kick Off
Please let us know if your group would like to host the end party.
NNO DETAILS/ DEADLINES
WHAT: RICHMOND NATIONAL NIGHT OUT BLOCK PARTY
WHEN: Tuesday, August 1, 2023
TIME: We encourage parties to be planned between 6:00 pm and 8:30 pm
KICK OFF, END POINT: LOOK OUT FOR THE SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
DEADLINE: July 22nd 5:00 pm
FIRST 15 APPLICANTS WILL BE VISITED BY THE CRIME PREVENTION EXECUTIVE BOARD
MOBILE FRIENDLY REGISTRATION LINK