Richmond BART Parking Garage is located on the corner of MacDonald Ave. & 16th St.
Parking at the Richmond BART garage is charged at the daily reserved rate of $3.00 per day (Monday-Friday) for Capitol Corridor and AMTRAK passengers. The parking spaces are located on the first floor near the entrance in the “reserved parking” section.
AMTRAK passengers who wish to park in the Richmond BART garage must purchase daily permits online in advance. Follow the steps below to purchase a daily parking permit.
- Register and make an account with Select-a-Spot. You will only need to do this the first time you purchase daily permits.
- Login to Select-a-Spot and visit daily permits to purchase your daily permits.
- Select Richmond Amtrak.
- Select the dates for which you will need a permit. You may purchase a maximum of 10 single day permits at the rate of $2.00 per day. Saturdays and Sundays are free, so you will not need to pay for these days.
- Pay for your permit(s).
- Print out the permit(s) for each day of your reservation.
- Display one permit per day clearly on your dashboard, making sure the date on the permit matches the current date. Failure to display a valid permit may result in a citation or towing.
The reserved spaces become open to the general public after 10 a.m. After 10:00 am these permit/reserved areas are open to the general public and space cannot be reserved. After 10 am you may park anywhere in the station's other non-restricted parking areas on a space available basis utilizing your parking permit. Please be aware that there will no longer be overnight parking at the Richmond BART parking facility. If you are planning a trip that would require you to leave your car overnight, you should go to the Emeryville Station and inquire with the ticket office staff about overnight parking.
For all other inquiries, please visit www.amtrak.com
or dial 1-800-USA-RAIL