Personnel assigned to the Fire Prevention Services Division provide ongoing public education programs, perform fire and safety inspections, and issue fire code permits. They also investigate the cause and origin of fires, and approve building plans and transportation requests for hazardous materials.
- To rigorously enforce all laws, ordinances and regulations of the city and state relative to fire and life safety
- Provide public fire prevention and life safety education and information programs in the schools and community
- Conduct timely and effective fire safety plan reviews, inspection of new construction and equipment ensuring fire safety standards
- To reduce undesirable fires by investigating cause and origin and, when necessary, prosecute those criminally responsible
- To coordinate fire company oriented building and fire code enforcement programs. The objective is to maintain all occupancies in full code compliance