- Community Development
- Planning Division
Cherry Blossom Row Project
Nevin Homes Residential
Quarry Residential Project
Richmond Central Ave. Project
Garrity Way Apartments
Map of Development Projects
Miraflores Residential Community
Miraflores Senior Housing
Nevin Homes Residential -1
Bridge of Hope
Welcome to the City Richmond's Planning Division!
The Planning Division accepts applications by appointment by emailing the Planning Division or eTrakiT .
If you have questions regarding a project, please contact your assigned planner. If you don’t know who your project has been assigned to or have general questions, please call (510) 620-6706, during the hours of Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm and Friday from 8:30am-12:30pm.
Upon consultation with a planner, you may submit the Planning Application Form, along with the Payment Form and all items on the applicable Application Submittal Checklists listed here: Fees, Forms, and Checklists. Please review the submittal checklist and contact the Planner on Duty to receive an invoice.
To submit a planning application online, please follow these instructions.
For wireless applications, please see Wireless Facilities (See Application Submittal Policy for Wireless Communications Facilities, use Section 6409 Worksheet for 6409 eligible projects)
(Mensaje en Español)
Planning Division Responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing the General Plan.
- Reviewing development projects for consistency and compliance with the General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and applicable building codes.
- Developing planning policies and standards that promote a quality living and working environment throughout the city.
- Supporting and providing technical planning assistance to the City Council, Planning Commission, Design Review Board, and the Historic Preservation Advisory Committee.
- Assessing damage and expediting reconstruction throughout the city following catastrophic events such as an earthquakes, floods, or wildfires.
The Planning Division provides advice and technical expertise to assist public officials, public agencies, real estate professionals, business operators and residents in understanding key community issues and priorities related to land use. The Planning staff provides excellent customer service by creating public and private partnerships that foster economic vitality, environmental integrity and quality design for the City of Richmond (read more)...
Revised Adopted 6th Cycle Housing ElementThe Revised Adopted 6th Cycle Housing Element is now available for public review. The revised element addresses comments received from the State Department of Housing and Community Development. Additional Info...