Low Income Parking Payment Plan

Effective October 1, 2018 payment plans will be available to customers qualified as low income (indigent). Low income payment plan parameters are as follows:

• Payment plans are only available to the registered owner or lessee of a vehicle.

• The City of Richmond accepts Payment Plan requests online at http://richmondparking.t2hosted.com/

or at the City Hall cashier, located on the 2nd floor at 450 Civic Center Plaza, Mon – Fri 8:30am – 4:30pm only.

• Vehicle must be registered in California.

• Application must be made within 60 days from the date of issuance, or 10 days from the Administrative Hearing date, whichever is later.

• If approved:

o No parking penalties and service fees shall be filed with the DMV. Registration holds will be removed.

o Monthly payment installments will not exceed $25 on fine amounts of $300 or less.

o The number of monthly installments is predetermined by the City based on the fine amount, however, payment plans cannot exceed 18 months.

o If money is still owed, a citizen can reapply for a payment plan continuation.

o There is a $5 fee, per citation, to enroll in a payment plan.

o Monthly payment amounts must be received timely on or before predetermined installment dates.

o All late fees and penalty assessments will be reinstated for customers that fall out of compliance.

o An individual has 45 calendar days from the date the plan is delinquent to resume payments to avoid filing with the DMV and continue with the Payment Plan.

Low income qualifications can be met in one of two ways. Registered owner’s or lessee’s:

1. Monthly income meets low income guidelines set by Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Proof of income from two consecutive payment stubs or proof of earnings is required. https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il/il2018/2018summary.odn

2. Receiving public benefits from at least one of the following programs: Proof of receipt of benefit required.

o Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

o State Supplementary Payment (SSP)

o California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Act (CalWORKs)

o Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

o County Relief, General Relief (GR), or General Assistance (GA)

o Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants (CAPI)

o In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)

o Medi-Cal

If you have any questions, please call Sergeant Brian Gard at (510) 621-1578.