Youth Library Cards
Obtaining and Using Your Library Card
A library card can be obtained in person at any of our three locations: Main, Bayview, or West Side. You will need to provide proof of identity and mailing address. You may begin the registration process online or you can print out an English library card application or a Spanish library card application to fill out and bring to the library.
Youth patrons receive one (1) hour per day on the public computers; time may be extended if demand for computers allows.
- Current California driver's license or identification card with current name and address
- Current out-of-state driver's license with current name plus acceptable proof of current California address
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days
- Utility bill dated within the last 30 days (must include your current address)
- Printed checks with your current address
- DMV change-of-address printout issued within the last 30 days
- Temporary driver's license
- Rent receipt or rental agreement dated within the last 30 days
- Post card from Richmond Public Library postmarked within the last 30 days
Additional acceptable forms of identification for youth
- Report card listing current name and address
- Parent in attendance with acceptable form of identification
- School ID
- Bus Pass with picture
Guidelines for Issued Cards
- Please notify the library if your card is lost or stolen so that you are not held responsible for any material other might check out on your account. We will place a block on your card so that it cannot be used.
- If you change your name or address, please notify the library immediately or login to your account and make the changes online.
- Library cards expire every two years. Renewing your card is free but requires verifying contact information.
- If you do not have your library card with you, you will need to present identification in order to check out materials.