Public Records Request
The City of Richmond is now using NextRequest for processing of public records requests. Requests can be made through the NextRequest portal and status of requests can also be viewed therein.
Please click the link below to submit a request:
- Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - If a request is submitted after business hours or during the weekend it will be received the following business day.
- You will receive an initial response to your request in up to 10 days from the date it is received. If the 10th day falls on a weekend, you will receive a response no later than the following Monday.
Tips for submitting requests:
- Be as specific as possible with the types of records you are seeking
- Provide a date range for the records requested
- One request can be submitted for multiple departments, you do not need to submit separate requests
- If known, please specify departments or staff the request pertains to
- If submitting a request regarding a property, please provide an address and if available a parcel number
- Contact information (email or phone number) is helpful in the event the City needs to reach you to respond to your request, give updates, or seek clarification
Records Available Online:
- Contracts: https://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/1484/Contracts
- Building Permits 2008 to present: http://etrakit.ci.richmond.ca.us/Search/permit.aspx
- Violations, Property Information: http://etrakit.ci.richmond.ca.us/
- Minutes, Ordinances, Resolutions: http://sireweb.ci.richmond.ca.us/sirepub/docs.aspx
- Open Data Portal (different datasets on capital projects, major development projects, salary, budget, police department calls for service and crime incidents): https://www.transparentrichmond.org/
- Information on major development projects: http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/1404/Major‐Projects
Records not handled by City of Richmond :
- Marriage licenses, birth certificates or death certificates are handled by the Contra Costa County Clerk: https://www.ccclerkrec.us/clerk/
- Court records are handled by the Contra Costa County Superior Court: https://www.cc-courts.org/general/general.aspx
- Property tax, real estate ownership records are handled by the Contra Costa County Assessor: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/191/Assessor